Thursday, April 7, 2011

You're welcome to join us

No I have no intention of going in the water,
But I'll come if you want.
Yes I do have spare clothes and laughter.
I'll use them when you want.
Freezing enough but you want to go deeper inside.
But Pebbles bruise my feet.
Guide me, give me your hand or take mine.
Find my balance in both our feet.
Cause tomorrow I'm chasing options and security.


Yes I've found my enthusiasm to dine on the rocks.
Thanks, I'll find my own place to sit,
To not decide between hot and cold ground I chose socks.
And I'll dig my feet inside while I sit.
I'll wish I had in my possession an excuse that would validate,
For me to stay there.
The sun isn't as big as last time and I don't have time to wait.
Again I'll come there.
But tomorrow I'm chasing options and security.


If you go into the sea once more pull out your pockets,
I've learnt from last time.
Sand won't deposit inside and collect shells to make lockets
There might be a next time.
As we exit the water, savouring it like you're supposed to,
I don't know if I am.
I'll smell the salt, walk a little slower and thats all I'll do.
I don't think I am.
From tomorrow I'm chasing options and security. 

2 comments: